Sunday 14 April 2013

Doorways





   
(Above: Weighing down strips of wood as the glue dries. Who needs a vice.)






(Above: As I was setting up the photos above, Violet suddenly tumbled off the table, he head flying off her neck joint. Luckily nothing was broken or damaged. Apart that is, from this single curl of hair that I ended up searching for on the floor for about half an hour, scrabbling around in the mess that surrounds me. Felt terribly relieved when I found it and glued it back on and saw that it looked fine)


                                                         


 


The design on the door windows took a while to settle on. The central flower is a Violet. I wanted something simple, and it links in with the designs on the other windows that surround the door.
The design of the other windows, for me, was to reflect the story arc of Violet being surrounded the licks of black paint that ultimately lead to her demise. At the risk of sounding portentous, I shall say no more.

More to come...





No comments:

Post a Comment