Friday 11 November 2011

Work Placement Bits

On Tuesday and Wednesday of this week, the 8th and 9th of November, the only days I could have, I had a brief work placement period with the animation company, HRA, Hibbert Ralph Animations for those who dispise abbreviations.
I was given a little animation brief, to make an advert for the presumably fictional "Fruity Fruit".
I think I came up with something nice, considering the amount of time I had to work on it.

Lines-Test

I then had a brief session in scanning in the frames and watched as they were adjusted and composited by Pete, who was terribly busy rendering an advert for Longleat. I felt a bit bad distracting him from his actual work, but he seemed willing to oblige.
I feel a little annoyed by the slightly jittery nature of the animation at times, but I think its not too bad atleast.

Free-time animation.
Whilst waiting for Pete to return from lunch to help composite my frames and backgrounds, Neil, the chap who kind of took me under his wing, said I could amuse myself with istopmotion. "Entertain us James" were his words. Feeling a little daunted, I plucked my phone from my pocket, grabs a sheet of animation paper and a pencil and start drawing.
I planned something a little more intricate to follow, but I ran out of time. Annoyingly.
But I like it.
I greatly enjoyed this placement I must say. It allowed me to get back into the groove of hand-drawn animation which I greatly needed I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment