Wednesday 8 May 2013

Continuing Production Continues

(Above: A not so shady set at the Dawn of Shoot Day Three)

(Above: A very un-shady mock up of the bedroom set pre-filming)

(Above: Violet gets her close up)

(Above: Her new bedroom)

(Above: A mysterious object)

(Above: A curious discovery)

(Above: Violet's close up)

(Above: Radio Days)

(Above: Menaced by a Wardrobe)

A semi-productive third day of shooting. A little frustrating at times, whether it be a shot not working in the ways I wanted it to, camera batteries needing to be charged or a general lack of enthusiasm on my part. We all have "off-days" I suppose.
On the plus side I did have an impromptu discussion with my sound designers who seemed impressed and enthused by what I had created so far, which is always a reassuring sensation to feel. 
Even given this funk I found myself in, I still managed to get some lovely shots and the editing process has already begun. 
I must remember not to start editing footage at the end of a working day, it always leads to disappointment, especially if one has only previously left the set after filming the whole day as the feeling of uploading the footage in its rawest components is not unlike a kind of blow to the stomach, sort of. Although the footage is lovely and in the main does what I wanted it to do, there is still much to be done, many shots that need to be extended in the edit, not to mention fiddling with the filters and getting nice lighting effects to give that tiny bit more atmosphere.

In all a tiring day of ups and downs, (more ups really) which lead to some lovely scenes and plenty to play with.
I feel I'm nearing the homestretch, only a handful of scenes remaining to be shot, but those that remain will be challenging and complicated. But exciting.

More to come....







No comments:

Post a Comment