Friday 10 May 2013

The Continuing Continuation of Production


(Above: Picture frame reshoots)

(Above: The set at the start of the day)

(Above: "Swatches" for title card design)

(Above: Production of the title card design that may well change soon enough)


(Above: Violet looks thoughtful)

(Above: Violet goes to pieces as the shoot draws to a close)

(Above: That camera looks into the set but there's no one there to film)

(Above: Wrap. Principle Photography draws to a close)

(Above: Scratch)

(Above: Tension)

(Above: Who's there?)

(Above: End of the Line)

The Fifth and final day of shooting concludes and so concludes the Principle photography. 
The day started slowly as they seem to out of habit nowadays it seems. I blame my great age.
I arrived in the studio and surveyed the set to make sure nothing had been stolen during the night.
All was present and correct.
I set about creating the title card for the film which was terribly interesting, dabbling with paints and stuff. Been too long I think.
A sudden frantic energy and movement came into the shoot towards the end of the day, making the sequence that was shot extremely energetic and fitting, as it is indeed a tense quick-cut scene.

After the set was struck and everything left in readiness for any possibility of reshoots I set about getting a couple scenes edited together and sent over to the sound designer to play with for his deadline on Monday.
This was at 4pm roughly.
I didn't leave the building 'til gone 7pm. This was for good reason.
I left with a complete first edit of the film. All timed (generally speaking) and ready for sound syncing. 
I sent a copy off to Paul my sound guy and felt annoyed that the export quality was a little pixely at times.
No matter though. The raw footage is crystal clear and I'm sure it is simply a problem with the export settings.
I hope and pray that that is all it is.

Feeling extremely accomplished this evening, not to mention tired and want for bed.

More to come very soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment