Wednesday 29 May 2013

Packed Up and Ready to Go




So, thats it. 
Production is done.
Finished.
At an end.

Sad, but also terribly exciting.
Everything exported, backed up, packed up and ready for the hand-in.

Paul my sound designer and myself plan to tweak the sound edit a final time for my college's Graduation Show Showreel DVD in a week or so's time. Little refinements, nothing more.

I presented Flytrap as it is now called yesterday (Tuesday 28th May 2013) to my class and it received a wonderfully warm and receptive reception. Some excellent feedback too and brilliant suggestions for improvements. A great reward for such a time consuming, testing but exciting project.
This is however a prelude to the final Graduation Show where it gets it's proper debut so watch this space for more updates.

Preparation talks for the Show start next week, and so another adventure begins.

Thank you to all who helped. To all my tutors, to Paul (Freeman) my tireless sound designer, Katie Single, my tireless First Year Animation student who I regretfully underused but offered me brilliant feedback and support, and beautiful props too, Brenna Eaves, my tireless American costumer, maker of beautiful things of the Crocheted variety (her blog http://www.etsy.com/people/nutsaboutcrochet13), to Natalie Todd who I pestered and bugged to get to tirelessly make me some sublime portraiture (her wonderful DeviantArt account http://tallytodd.deviantart.com), to the tireless Anita Delaney (Uber-knowledable technician and helper-outer) who tirelessly unlocked computers and cupboards, gave me cameras and other invaluable equipment, tirelessly, and to Georgie Throssell for brilliant moral support and stuff like that. To all of you my biggest and warmest thank yous. 
I don't believe it simply to be my film, but yours too.

A film is not made by one man (or woman) alone.
Flytrap is just as much your film as it is mine 
(although in the eyes of legality and copyright, it is mine. Rather mine)

Thank you.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment